Friday, June 21, 2013

When Your Spouse Isn't a Morning Person.....




When we got married I knew that Trent wasn't a morning person, but I didn't know how MUCH of a morning person he just was NOT. I am a morning person. I love to start my day early even if I don't have work or anywhere to be. Sometimes its a struggle getting him out of the bed in the mornings. And for those of you who might have a spouse who isn't a morning person, you might understand this a whole lot more. I thought I might share some funny ways I have tried to get Trent out of bed in the morning....

1) 'The Nice Wife' approach: The first month after we got married, I tried making him a nice breakfast each morning with eggs and bacon or sausage, or pancakes/waffles.... But then, I realized that it was only aiding in  the problem. He would just sit in bed and eat the food. He also informed me that  he isn't even much of a breakfast person. Fail.

2) 'The Earthquake' approach: This is when you just jump on the bed as violently as you can and maybe even sing very loudly. This has worked only a couple of times.

3) 'His Favorite Jam' approach: When you turn his favorite song on very loudly (Any Pentatonix song). This has also worked several times.

4) 'The Cold Cruelty' approach: This is, like it says, very cruel.... When you turn the fan on HIGH and pull all the covers off. Mwahahaha! (This can also put them in a grumpy mood, so I use with caution).

5) 'The Video Game' approach: If your husband is a big gamer, and really loves it when you show interest in it or play video games with him, this is when you get smart. A few times I have started playing a PC game and turn the sound up just enough where he can hear it from the bedroom, and in no time at all he walks into the living room with a puzzled look on his face wondering WHY I have voluntarily, in the early morning, started playing a video game. Works. Every. Time.

Anyways, this is just a silly post about the struggle of having a spouse who isn't a morning person. And to make things clear, I'm not bashing my husband.  Most of the time Trent does it to be stubborn and mess with me. And I love that he isn't a morning person because it balances out my morning hyper-self :)

No comments:

Post a Comment