Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Being Married to a Christian.



I haven't posted anything in a good while, I just haven't had much I wanted to talk about I guess. But Saturday night as I was trying to fall asleep, I couldn't stop smiling....

Marriage is truly FUN. There are so many wonderful things about marriage that I could talk about it all day. But one really important thing had me grinning ear to ear as I thought about it the other night. Sometimes we take things for granted and we don't just sit and take things in. We are so busy that we don't let the simple - wonderful sink in. Being married to a Christian.... to a faithful Christian, is truly a gift. I know so many amazing Christians that have a solid faithful Christ-like marriage. But do we ever just sit and think about that? Just thank God for this gift? It really separates us from others, there is an understanding of a more deeper, precious joy within it. One of the many blessings of being married to a Christian man brought tears to my eyes just a few days ago. Trent was preparing to lead singing at services on Sunday morning and we were sitting on the couch talking about the songs he could lead the next morning. Its a really simple moment, but when you think about it, how lovely it is! You can share something like this together. There was a song title he was thinking of and couldn't think of the melody. I knew exactly what he was thinking of and started humming the melody. I began to think about what it would be like if my husband wasn't a follower of Christ, or if I wasn't one, we would never have these moments. I couldn't imagine. I'm thankful everyday for a husband who loves the Lord more than me and is a leader for our family. Men like that are far and few these days. Thankful for those men who choose to follow the Lord and be courageous men. Praying for growth as a learning Christian wife, it is not easy, but when you share a life with someone wanting to head in the same direction, it sure does help! Being married to a Christian sets a certain path for your marriage, there's no question who is the CENTER and Who you will look to for answers, Who you will pray to always, and Who you will thank for the good and bad. Thankful for the little things, there's so much joy in the simple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment