Monday, June 10, 2013

Oh No, It's a Blog....


Yeah, we created a blog, you can now throw us into that "stereotype". But it's kinda fun to tell about our life and our ideas, not that anyone really cares, but why not?  We are getting back into the swing of things. For about 2 months we took a detour because I had broken my leg hiking over spring break. I spent most of my time in the house, on the couch, or on the bed just waiting on my leg to heal. My sweet husband was caring and patient as he had to do most everything.  He had to juggle school, work, teaching a Bible class at church, laundry, dishes, making meals, and the first immediate weeks after the accident he even had to help me take showers and sometimes get dressed. We were very blessed to have some help from friends and family who brought us food, and we are forever grateful. As I watched my husband through all this, I fell in love with him all over again, like it was the first time.  I had one person say to me, "It's a shame this happened during the first year of your marriage, kinda puts a damper on things", I was really taken aback by this persons comment. I just kinda laughed and shrugged it off because at the time I didn't know how to quite explain that this whole situation was anything but a "damper". It was really a blessing. No one really prepares themselves to have to take care of their spouse in THIS way until they are old and gray. For us, this happened much sooner that planned. If anything it brought us closer, it made our love stronger, and taught us both about sacrifice. Marriage has its ups and downs, but what would it teach us if there wasn't those challenging times? I would never say that breaking a leg within the first year of marriage is a "shame", its an opportunity. It's an opportunity for growth, not just as a couple but as individuals as well. And I sure couldn't have made it through all that without him. He is my rock. Now that I am up and about and doing my normal daily activities and continuing to take Physical Therapy, I sure am more thankful for two working legs, and my ability to care for my husband now. I won't take for granted being able to do the laundry or make dinner, or do the grocery shopping. Before I broke my leg I loved doing all those things, but now it means much more. There's a couple of passages I wanted to share...one that I can now understand in a whole new way and one that my Mom shared with me. Have a blessed Monday! 

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor, for if they fall, one will lift up his companion, but woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up."
                                                                                                       - Ecclesiastes 4:9-10.

"Therefore, strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, and make strait paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed."
                                                                                                       - Hebrews 12:12-13 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not seeing a link to follow your blog. You probably have to enable that yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im trying to figure out how to do that. Not sure how haha.

      Delete