Monday, September 9, 2013

Our Martha Agenda's While Our Mary Hearts Thirst.




As a wife who is trying to always keep the house in order and inviting, prepping meals, and constantly trying to figure out the best and most efficient way to organize this cracker jack small-of-a-house, I sometimes feel like everything is spinning and I just can't keep up as I do this and also work. I make list after list of things to be done. I dusted an inch of dust off of our bedroom furniture and thought to myself I just dusted this a little over a week ago, how can there be this much dust? How does the laundry pile up so quickly?.... Oh, and there are only 2 people in this household. Somehow I just smile because I deeply love all of this and think how I can't wait to add little faces to this chaos, Lord willing - someday. As women, through our constant battle to keep our homes in order, it's never ending, there is always something that needs to be done. If we stop for just a day, there are things that get backed-up. And we thirst for something more...

Lately, I have been thinking about how this in some ways parallels with our spiritual walk. If we don't regularly "check-in"on ourselves and re-access ourselves things can get nasty. We cannot take a break from the MOST important thing.  Am I as diligent to regulate and grow in my prayer to my Lord as I am to vacuum consistently in our home? We are so crazy-focused on making our homes presentable when we know company is coming, but I fail in working on my hearts presence before my Father. We set goals for the cleanliness of our homes, but are we as ardent to do so in the growth of our faith?

A clean home is important, for sure. But perspective and priorities need to constantly be in-check. This is something I'm in much need to work on, but I also know I am not the only woman who battles this from time to time. May we remind each other it's not about this earthly home as much as it is about our heavenly Father and our hearts towards Him, daily. And let us hydrate ourselves on the Words of LIFE. 

Sometimes I just need to read this a few times, over and over. 

Luke 10:38 - 42.


No comments:

Post a Comment